Florida is home to an abundance of summer getaway destinations. From Disney World in Orlando, to the incredible culture of The Keys, Florida has it all. As an RV enthusiast the options are endless, but if there is destination to make a stop at this summer, it is definitely going to be Daytona.
Daytona Beach Island Festival
Take an RV trip down to Daytona Beach this summer for the annual Island Festival. What is it? A festival for individuals and families looking to feel like they are on an island vacation without the high cost. The festival grounds are filled with island themed vendors, food trucks, drinks, corn hole, hula hooping contests and of course… what would an island party be without a Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band.
With plenty of RV campgrounds in the area your family can enjoy the perks of the Island Festival without having to cram into a car or hotel room. Indulge in the areas boating, shopping boardwalk, park areas and fishing before heading back to your RV site at night to relax and feel the cool Halifax River breeze.
Climb to the Moon in Daytona
If you are looking for a one of a kind experience on this summers RV trip, consider Climb to the Moon. Engage in a tour with the keeper of Florida’s tallest lighthouse, and be sure to pack your walking shoes as you will be descending 203 steps to catch the July moon rising and sun setting.
This is the ultimate location for stunning views with your family to enjoy sparkling drinks and hors d’oeuvres during the evening. This monthly event is offered when the moon is at its fullest so be sure to book your tickets in advance, and with an RV waiting for you, the moon watching doesn’t have to end.
Coke Zero 400 Race
Now, for the main Daytona event this summer, look no further than the Coke Zero 400 powered by Coca-Cola. In it’s 57th year the Nascar Sprint Cup Series will kick off July 4th weekend, showcasing some of the speedway’s latest renovations.
Your summer RV trip to the Coke 400 will not only be a thrill but will give you the opportunity to be one of the firsts in the new front stretch seats and view some of the updated concession areas, restrooms and escalators which will be unveiled during the event. The Coke 400 has a long history of producing some of the best races in Nascar, which is why it is a must for an epic RV summer destination.
Want to make your Daytona RV trip even better this summer? We’ve included five ammenities you may want to consider when choosing your RV rental from Camp USA!
- Power Awnings: Consider renting an RV with a power run awning for better shade in the sun, outdoor shelter from Florida’s notorious summer storms and a clean covered space when enjoying your barbecue.
- Slide Out Units: Florida summers can be warm, which is why choosing a rental unit with a slide out can give your family some extra space and room while indoors.
- Large Fridge: Keeping food items cool in the summer can be a challenge, but with a little extra fridge storage your family can pack more and ensure they are staying at the correct temperatures.
- Extra Storage: There are so many activities to enjoy on your summer vacation, so make sure you can bring your favorites items along and have the storage space to house them.
- Washer/Dryer: Extend your vacation without worry of overpacking by choosing an RV rental with a washer/dryer in unit. The luxury of being able to throw wet towels and dirty clothes in for a wash will make your experience simpler.