Festivals take place year-round all over the country, in urban as well as rural settings. Though they celebrate different things, they all serve to bring people together around a shared interest and foster a sense of community, something most people crave. One great way to take in the many festivals around the country is in a recreational vehicle, but if you don’t happen to own one, you can still take a trip in a rented vehicle from a Miami RV rental company. Here are some of the top festivals from coast-to-coast.
Whether it’s a particular entrée or an eclectic sampling of local delicacies, many festivals in the U.S. center around food. Here are some of the top food festivals to take in on your trip, as well as when they occur:
- Maine Lobster Festival in Rockland Maine during the first week in August
- Taste of Chicago, featuring the best dishes in Chicago, Illinois, during the first week of July
- Alabama Blueberry Festival in Brewton, Alabama, home of the original blueberry ice cream, on June 15th
There are festivals devoted to every type of music, so it should be a simple matter to find one you like. Here are some places to start looking:
- Sasquatch! Music Festival, featuring rock and hip-hop during the last weekend of May in Quincy, Washington
- American Folk Festival, featuring music and dance during the last week in August in Bangor, Maine
- Austin City Limits, featuring indie groups during two weekends in October in Austin, Texas
Some festivals cater to a particular hobby or niche interest. If you’re ready to explore something a bit quirky and off the beaten path, check out the following festivals:
- Minnesota Renaissance Festival: Weekends during September, with some in August and October, in Shakopee, Minnesota
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally: First full week of August in Sturgis, South Dakota
- CatCon: Last weekend in June in Pasadena, California
A recreational vehicle from a Miami RV rental company can take you to see the top festivals on your bucket list. Call CAMP USA today at (954) 520-0075 or contact us through our online form.